sexta-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2014

20th Century Un-limited20th Century Un-limited by Felice Picano
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was disappointed with the first story (my rating: 2 of 5 stars)! The initial pages are gleaming (that's why I bought the book...), but thereafter the writing style is descriptive, unimaginative and the plot uninteresting. Where is "my" Felice Picano of "Like People in History"?
Fortunately, the second story, Ingoldsby, is much better (my rating: 4 of 5 stars)! It is also a sci-fi/fantasy tale that mixes past with present, but this time with much more subtlety. Even the narrative structure (a series of police reports, newspaper articles and journals) is smarter, bringing the reader to the author/narrator level, in trying to understand what happened from scraps, bits and pieces, just like what may happen in a real police investigation.

View all my reviews

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Nota: só um membro deste blogue pode publicar um comentário.